Aviation Windsock Specifications Air Safety windsocks are made to the highest standards and are weather proof. They are guaranteed to give long-term service due to superior properties of color fastness to weathering and light. These windsocks feature the following:
- Made in accordance with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Specifications.
- Comply with FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) recommendations.
- Fabric used is SABS approved and exceeds the requirement laid down.
- Guaranteed for one year.
- 100% polyester.
- Can be custom made if your specifications are different.
- Can be branded with your logo or design.
FAA and ICAO standards for windsock sizes are as follows:
- FAA, Size 1- 2.5 m (Eight feet) in length and 0.45 m (18 inches) throat diameter at large end.
- FAA, Size 2- 3.60 m (Twelve feet) in length and 0.9 m (36 inches) throat diameter at large end .
- ICAO/CAA standard - 3.60 m (Twelve feet) in length and 0.9 m (36 inches) throat diameter at large end.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) (AC 150/5345-27D) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) (Annex 14) provide three different wind sock height specifications as follows:
- FAA type L-806 support - those mounted on low mass supporting structures - maximum of 3.0 m (10 ft) mast height .
- FAA type L-807 support - those mounted on rigid supporting structures - Maximum of 4.8 m (16 ft) height to wind sock .
- ICAO/CAA standard - 6.0 m (20 ft) mast height The taper of the fabric windsock from the throat to the trailing end must be designed to cause the windsock to fully extend when exposed to a wind of 15 knots (28 km/hr or 17 mph.) The windsock should be of a colour that stands out in contrast against the surroundings. Yellow, orange and red & white are good choices of colour..
It is safe to say you could find free at onlinecasinosedge.com if you want to.